Planning, Prepping, and Getting Sick

For the past school year I have been doing the job of two people. My partner was cut last year in the giant teacher layoff. She was not fairly let go as my program has just as many if not more student enrollment than other (ehhhh heeeem) areas in Performing Arts. But she was let go none the less and that battle is over. For now.

So since then I have been trying diligently to stop bitching about how lame it all is and just keep things going. We did the same amount of shows, had the same amount of students, and enjoyed the same amount of success as we did with two directors. And now, my body is done. I have been schlepping my kids to and fro, keeping my program alive, and trying to see my husbands face all at the same time since August. E works an equally insane schedule at a very hard, very real (contrary to my father's opinion) job as the technical director for a high school performing arts magnet program. It ain't easy. And it requires a LOT of time. As does my job. And he doesn't have the wonderful support system in place that I do. It's the difference between a small school and a huge one ( we have 3,800 students).

So the spot on the back of my head that I assumed was a zit or something equally gross and adolescent turns out to be shingles. Yep. Stress induced shingles. Sweet. As you can see above, our schedule is nutso and I am a mess. The doctor told me it was probably time to "reevaluate whatever it is that is stressing me out so much" and I just laughed....I didn't bitch her out or accuse her of being a jerk because I know she is RIGHT. It is time to reevaluate.

I hate that story.

Mama Berg

Comments

Popular Posts