Year 9 week 3

I swore over 9 years ago that when I finally started teaching I would write a daily journal so that I could keep track of it all.  It is 9 years and 3 days since I did my student teaching and this is my first entry.  Clearly I didn,t have the time to write much.  As a matter of fact as I write this I am struggling to keep my eyes open.  Today my opinion is that teaching sucks.  I am exhausted.  My classes are HUGE and full of MANIACS with names like "Touchez"  pronounced "touches"!  I mean what the hell?  Who seals their child's fate like that by naming them something clompletely idiotic like that?  I am sure it's shocking to know that "Touchez" is a total bitch with a GIANT chip on her shoulder, a tiny tiny spandex dress full of chub cut all the way up to her crotch, and her cell phone out texting away while I'm talking.  She is supposedly being removed from my class because she didn't even elect to take it but I have yet to see any evidence of her removal.  I could ignore her if there weren't already 36 kids sitting there pleading with their eyes for me to just tell her to fuck off and do something awesome like chuck a book at her head.  I would if I could kids,  I would if I could.

The period before I met "Touchez" was topped off by a special needs student (I assume based on prior experience with sped students, not like I have received an IEP or anything from a teacher of record) announced to the class during a getting to know you interview that she liked to "suck dick" in her spare time. Yep. That was her favorite thing to do on the weekend besides "smoke" and "party."  The assumption that drama class= crazy kid playtime by the scheduling Gods drives me crazy.  I am a complete non-entity to counseling adminstrators and my department chair, a typical band wacko.  My room is just someplace to dump the extra kids.  It is so appalingly unfair to all of the kids who actually want to work in my class.  Why do we have to lower everything to the bottom of the ladder?   Some of these kids need to be in other classes, or other places during the day for God's sake.

Comments

Popular Posts